As a former psychologist, Janice Lorraine knows the power of the mind. That’s why the 74-year-old is still competing in bodybuilding at a high level.
She wakes at 5:00 a.m. and walks five miles per day. Her routine also includes visiting the gym three times per week, and an array of body-weighted exercises like pushups and planks.
“Rather than being 74 and feeling awful and embarrassed, I feel good,” she told the Australian Broadcasting Company. “Head up, strong, I strut along the street. I’m probably the oldest female by far who is competing at the moment.”
This grandmother of three didn’t begin bodybuilding until she was 55.
“I’m trying to set people free from the idea that a woman should be a certain way at a certain age,” she said.
According to her website, Lorraine has 10 world titles in the 57-70 age group, and took first place at the INBA World Pro-Am Championships in Greece in 2013.
As for a few of her healthy eating tips:
- Eat small mouthfuls
- Taste the food
- Chew more and you will eat less
- Eat nude food (no sauces or gravies). Nude Food leaves no rubbish behind. Eating nude food keeps your omentum small.
- Leave a good 15 minutes between Dinner and Sweets
And her exercise tips:
- Start small. Do not rush in full blast.
- Build a habit of exercise, exercise then becomes an automatic part of your life.
- Results will come
- Too much strenuous effort is too difficult to sustain
- Attend to your posture (eg The Alexander technique) and your flexibility (eg Yoga)
- Weight resistance Training is excellent for shape and strength
- Weight Resistance training has been found to reverse the Ageing Process!
What’s stopping you from moving a little bit more?